On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Logan, Harold wrote:

> Hrmm... I don't know how much bandwidth the good people at grc have from
> their ISP, but considering the number of people that have been referred
> to the site from this list, and considering that the site is unavailable
> right now, I'd say it looks like Priscilla just engineered a DOS attack
> on the poor people at grc.com. Poor guys. Maybe I'll get to read the
> article after the entire networking community gets done reading it.
>
> =)

That wouldn't be the first time, I think. That a DOS attack occurs
inadvertently, I mean.  not that our resident Priscilla engineers one.
Look up "slashdot effect" in the Jargon File.

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made