From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Route Updates and Fast Switching Cache [7:8110]

After reading a practice test question and answer I'm confused about the
operation of fast switching, specifically when a route has already been
cached when a new equal-cost route is learned via a different interface.
For example:

Route A learns of 192.168.1.0/24 via e0 with a metric of 1000.  Fast
switching is enabled so this route is cached.  Then the router learns of
192.168.1.0/24 with a metric of 1000 via e1.  My thinking is that the cache
would be invalidated and recreated with two entries but the test engine
answer stated that routing would not change because the route was cached and
the cache would not be invalidated.

Any thoughts?  I'd test this myself but at the moment I only have two
routers at home.  Do any of you have any experience with this?

Thanks,
John

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/