My first guess was that those broadcasts you're seeing are spanning tree
explorers (or single route explorers) which I know that Netbios uses.
However, since you're using DLSw+, any traffic coming in on the serial
interface will be IP, meaning that the router wouldn't see the Netbios
broadcast because it's encapsulated inside the IP packet.

It could be that the broadcasts you're seeing are a result of your
routing protocol.  IIRC, both broadcasts and multicasts show up in the
broadcast counters, and routing protocols will use one or the other.

Then again, I may be wrong.  I've never use DLSw+ to transport Netbios
so I really don't know what to expect in the way of traffic behavior.

Regards,
John

>>> "Charles Peter"  6/12/01 12:38:26 AM >>>
I am using DLSW to transport SNA traffic over Frame relay network.
There are AS/400 on the hub sites and Lotus notes (using NetBios) on
all
remote sites running on the network.
The serial interface of the hub site router keeps on receiving
broadcast.
What does this broadcast come from ? Are they netbios broadcast from
the
remote netbios broadcast ?
Can I use dlsw icannotreach SAP f0 on the remote routers to filter it
out ?