Not quite correct. PortFast does not disable STP. It puts a port initially
into 'Forwarding' state and then watches if loops occur. If for some reason
the port is forced into 'Blocking' state and later needs to return to the
'Forwarding' state, it has to go through the 'Listening' and 'Learning'
phases.

hth

Reinhold