not to sure if this will help,

but i use a tool call solarwinds....in it it has a tool call bandwidth
monitor...

aslong as the device has SNMP turned on it will tell you the overall
bandwidth bieng used...Realtime

as to finding out if your "let`s say" 256k cir is actually a 256k cir ...the
only way i know of finding this out is by pushing the link to its fullist...

you could interogate the CSU/DSU and do a "show controllers"

apart from that ....you could possible buy "Net-sys" toll analysis

hth steve