Here you go a little excerp from the Brian Lodwick CCIE written white
papers.

The first bit in a Source-route bridge is the RII bit.
Two other bits in the Frame status byte in a Token Ring frame are:

A- bit ( Address Recognized )(basicly means the address is reachable)

C- bit ( Copied ) When a frame is copied by a SRB to be put out onto another
ring, the bridge sets these bits, much as if it were actually the
destination station.

Proxy explorer- is a way to cut down on the explorer traffic. The proxy
explorer feature creates an explorer packet reply cache, the entries of
which are reused when subsequent explorer packets need to find the same
destination. The proxy explorer feature allows the SRB network designer to
minimize exploding explorer packet traffic throughout the network. Routers
cache the explorer packet reply and reuse it for subsequent explorer packets
that are searching for the same MAC address.

Proxy is very usefull for SNA traffic since most explorer packets are
destined for a single FEP on a single ring.
The following conditions must be met in order for a proxy response to occur:
~~The destination node must be in the RIF cache.
~~The destination node must not be in the same as the explorer.
~~The explorer packet must be an IEEE 802.2 XID or TEST packet.
~~The packet cannot be from the IBM Token Ring LAN Network Manager source
SAP