Simply put, the frame was Received, reviewed but not
copied into the receiving devices buffers.  Once the
frame travels back to the source device, it will be
considered as corrupt and resend the entire frame
again.

--- jayant  wrote:
> If the A bit is set and the C bit is clear, the
> hardware was temporarily
> congested at the destination, so an immediate
> retransmission will probably
> succeed.
> (quoting  Interconnections, Radia Perlman)
>
> But I guess you could have found this from the group
> archives.
>
> Jayant

> Click here for Free Video!!
> http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Chris from Chicago
MasterCNE, 5.x CNE, ICNE, 4.x CNE, CCNA, MCP