Hi all,

Trivial yet fundamental question. I have seen ARP described as part of
the network (internet) layer so many times that I have started to
believe it belongs there (although I know well that it operates "as if"
the Layer 2 protocol - as per OSI RM). Now I have eventually come across
Doug Comer's statement: "It's part of the network interface layer."

I should not ask where the truth is but still I will. That would mean
quite a lot of books are incorrect in this (including Cisco materials).

Rita