I could see allowing it...  But capturing data will only be correct up to
10mb.

I guess if the server is slow, then that would not be a problem. But if you
have some high end unix servers with 5,000+ users logged in at any one given
time, that 10mb gets eaten up real quick.. :)

>>> "Bob S"  06/13/01 02:02PM >>>
Cat6509 will allow you to configure SPAN feature even when the two ports
does not match speed.  It will prevent you to configure the SPAN if the
source and destination ports are in the same ASIC.

The SPAN configuraion guidelines does not mention that it is not recommended
tthe both destination and source be in same speed.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_5_5/cnfg_gd/span.htm#14293