From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 13, 2001 10:15 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        What is the Lab 'like'? [7:8366]

All,

I am looking forward to a run at my CCIE next year and I am trying to
visualize what the Lab test will be 'like'.  I have read Cisco's material
and searched around a bit, but that info falls short of what I am looking
for here.

I understand the lab consist of essentially two parts; build out and
troubleshooting.  How are the Problems/requirements presented?

For example, are you given very high level requirements such as "build a
scalable network" and you make all the design decisions, or are you likely
to get more specific requirements such as; "plan and addressing scheme to
conserve IP space and router resources", or even more specific like:
"select and OSPF network type to use in your network"?

In the troubleshooting section, do they insert faults that you have to
discover, or do they provide you with at least some clue of which high level
functionality may or may not be working?  Real world troubleshooting is
usually in response to observed problem, or issue.  Is it fair game to have
something tweaked in the configs that is not expressed in any level of
functionality, or lack there-of, on the test pod?

Are the problems presented in writing, orally by the proctor, or both?

Do you deliver to the proctor diagrams, and notes, or just the configs and
cableing on the routers.

Are you required to orally defend your design?

I am not interested in info that violates the agreement with Cisco, just any
input that can help me visualize what it will be like.

Thanks!