I have been receiving a report of a worm being sent to people as a reply
from the list. At least one person on the list is infected with the badtrans
worm and may be spreading to others (this person has been removed from the
list).

Here is a link for more information:

http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The worm operates by responding to unopened e-mails with an attachment
saying "Take a look to the attachment".

Please realize, the worm is not being passed through the GroupStudy server,
but instead sent directly from sender to recipient as if it was an off list
reply.  In fact, GroupStudy does not allow attachments so any worm will be
automatically removed.

If someone sends you a worm as a reply to an e-mail sent on the list, please
send me the e-mail address of the person for removal.  They may rejoin once
the worm has been cleared from their system.  It would also be nice to tell
the person about the worm so they can correct the problem.

Please understand, this worm is not being passed via the GroupStudy servers
so there is not a whole lot I can do from this end.  Just be careful when
opening attachments to replies from the list.

Paul Borghese