I don't understand why people are afraid of the Open-Source movement and
continue

paying for expensive propriertary softwares have hidden bugs in there.
If you are looking for

Security Assessment tools, try nessus.  This is an excellent piece of
software.  I've run it

on both Linux and BSD platforms (sorry I've not much of windows) and this
software just

blows my mind.  It is also FREE.  Below is a link that compares security
scanners from

ISS, Network Associates, Axent and Nessus.  Guess who the winner is:
NESSUS.

Come join the Open-Source movement.

http://www.nwc.com/1201/1201f1b1.html

Kevin

>From: "William E. Gragido" >Reply-To: "William E. Gragido" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: RE: Security Assessment Tools [7:8837]
>Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:25:29 -0400 > >Paul is absolutely correct. We
are partners with ISS and its still a costly >piece of software, however
its a brilliantly coded one~! > >Will > >-----Original Message-----
Message ----- >From: "Nigel Taylor" >To: >Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001
1:05 PM >Subject: Re: Security Assessment Tools [7:8837] > > > > Brad, >
> You might want to look at ISS they have a pretty good product. > >
Here's the link to their site.. There's a good product likewise on Linux
> > called Nessus which uses a GUI and is reasonably easy to get > >
working..especially if you install it using the mandrake-linux or redhat
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 11:47 AM > > Subject: Security Assessment
Tools [7:8837] > > > > > > > Hey gang! Can anyone recommend any security
assessment tools for Cisco > > > routers/firewalls (more than just a port
scanner)? I'd prefer something > > > Windows based as my Unix skills are
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]