Cisco agreement!!??? Cheating must be discouraged, everywhere.  See below;
yet another reason Cisco certs are becoming 'required' while advanced
degrees are 'preferred' in those lucrative job postings....

>From the Bellingham [Washington State] Herald, June 17, 2001, Editorial
Opinion:

"In an outrageous scenario that played out this winter quarter, a computer
science lecturer had to resort to handing in her resignation to get the
administration's backing to flunk a student caught cheating on an exam.  ...
The student had turned an a four-question essay test in which his answers
mirrored the previous exam but not the one being given. ... The
[university's Student Academic Grievance Board] ruled that this particular
type of cheating was not one listed in the rule books, so the student should
be cleared.  Egad."

Egad, indeed.  Public education should be ashamed, and good for Cisco for
their attempts to limit ill-gotten gains.

Best, G.

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 10:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Confused about Cisco Agreement [7:8819]

At 06:47 AM 6/16/01, Oletu Hosea Godswill, CCNA. wrote:
>Has anyone really taken time to read and thoroughly understand the Cisco
>examination agreement page?
>
>The item 6 in that agreement reads(ie page 2 of your score sheet) "Not to
>sell, license, distribute, give away, or obtain from any OTHER source OTHER
>THAN CISCO the exam materials, questions or answers"
>
>Is Cisco trying to say that obtaining exam materials from Sybex, boson,
>certifyexpress, cramsession, wanpro, certificationzone,

None of those sites have the Cisco exam materials. Only Cisco has them. By
"materials" they mean the actual test. But if someone besides Cisco somehow
got a hold of the exam materials and then you got them, you would be in
possession of stolen goods, which is illegal in the U.S.

>and passing on same
>materials to friends who need them for their exams or borrowing others is
>illegal?

Passing on materials of any sort might be illegal if the materials are
copyrighted. That's a different issue, though.

>If that is not what they meant, I think it is good they re-amend
>that item 6.
>
>Am confused, can someone explain better to me. Are mind by this enslaved to
>cisco for all my materials relating to the exams or what do they really
mean.

>Regards.
>Oletu

Priscilla Oppenheimer