after a quick search cut & pasting that error into cisco.com, I found this:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121sup/121se
ms/emddbcon.htm#xtocid218780

Error Message

%DEC21140-5-NOCARR: [chars] cable/connector problem?
Explanation   The Fast Ethernet port did not find a carrier when preparing
to send a packet. This means that it is no longer receiving signals from the
LAN. This problem can be caused by disconnected Fast Ethernet cabling or a
transceiver failure.

Recommended Action   Check the Fast Ethernet wiring and the port adapter. If
the message recurs, copy the error message exactly as it appears on the
console or in the system log, call your Cisco technical support
representative, and provide the representative with the gathered
information.

Could be a bad port or cable....maybe even incorrect port speed if it's
using auto-negotiate.

Allen