I work for a company that is quite laid-back.  Therefore, when I am not
busy at work, which

is about 50% of the time, I usually telnet back to my home lab and work
on the scenario

whether it is Cisco or Juniper.  I put the terminal server behind the
firewall and redirect any

telnet traffic that hit the firewall to the terminal server so that I can
have console access to any

of the Cisco devices that is connected to the Terminal server.  The only
thing that you can

NOT do with the terminal server is to PHYSICALLY power off the router.
Company uses

terminal server because they don't want to spend lot of money sending
people to remote

site unless it is absolutely necessary.

Does that answer your questions?

Kevin

>From: "Dennis Laganiere" >Reply-To: "Dennis Laganiere" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: RE: Use of terminal server in home lab
[7:9686] >Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:34:19 -0400 > >1) Carpel tunnel
syndrome on your cable lock securing finger >2) It's on the lab > >---
Dennis > >-----Original Message----- >From: Ajay Pandey
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 8:47 AM
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Use of terminal server in home lab
[7:9686] > > >Hi, >Can anyone briefly explain the benefit of a terminal
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]