The answer would be yes; however, if you change the IP address of the
ethernet port of the

router, then your telnet session would be LOST.  The other caveat is if
you apply an

access-list to an interface, if you are not careful, you'll be in
trouble.  That's why when making

configuration changes, most people prefer the console port or via
Terminal Server

>From: "Ajay Pandey" >Reply-To: "Ajay Pandey" >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Use of terminal server in home lab [7:9686] >Date: Sun, 24
Jun 2001 18:13:33 -0400 > >Thanks for the explanation. Another quick
question, >couldn't you use a hub with the ethernet ports of all routers
connected to >it to configure the individual routers. >Thanks again. >
>""kevin jones"" wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]... > > I work for a company
that is quite laid-back. Therefore, when I am not > > busy at work, which
and work > > on the scenario > > > > whether it is Cisco or Juniper. I
put the terminal server behind the > > firewall and redirect any > > > >
telnet traffic that hit the firewall to the terminal server so that I can
> > have console access to any > > > > of the Cisco devices that is
connected to the Terminal server. The only > > thing that you can > > > >
NOT do with the terminal server is to PHYSICALLY power off the router. >
> Company uses > > > > terminal server because they don't want to spend
lot of money sending > > people to remote > > > > site unless it is
absolutely necessary. > > > > Does that answer your questions? > > > >
Kevin > > > > >From: "Dennis Laganiere" >Reply-To: "Dennis Laganiere"
>To: > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: RE: Use of terminal server in
home lab > > [7:9686] >Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:34:19 -0400 > >1) Carpel
tunnel > > syndrome on your cable lock securing finger >2) It's on the
lab > >--- > > Dennis > >-----Original Message----- >From: Ajay Pandey >
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 8:47 AM
> > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Use of terminal server in home
lab > > [7:9686] > > >Hi, >Can anyone briefly explain the benefit of a
terminal > > misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > >