Hi All,

I have a PVC with a large amount of packets recieved with the DE bit
set, and in the mornings the users complain of slow access.

This is logical, as they are frequently over their CIR, and I guess
the Frame cloud must be congested in the mornings.

What I was looking for was some sort of guideline as to what is an
acceptable percentage of packets to recieve with the DE bit set. I
understand that this depends on the type of traffic that you are
sending over the PVC, my use is just typical NT based remote office,
being log in, email and and some file access.

Below is snipped from a sh frame pvc

input pkts 42007721    output pkts 33246300
in bytes 4262623522    out bytes 1153916597
dropped pkts 53

in FECN pkts 182632    in BECN pkts 0
out FECN pkts 0        out BECN pkts 0
in DE pkts 10348052    out DE pkts 0
out bcast pkts 1385303 out bcast bytes 110678462

As you can see, the percentage of input packets with DE set is about
25%. This seems high, but probably ok? PVC is 512k, CIR is 256.

Any words of wisdom/experience greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Symon