By writing this e-mail, I am hoping to help those of you who have Cisco 700
series routers that has gone bad.

Within one year, two of my routers (a 762 and a 766) went bad. When you turn
on the power, all LED's are on, except for the NT1, and sometimes all the
LED's are just flashing like crazy.

According to the trouble shooting guide, this means that the processor is
inactive, but in both cases, this was actually caused by the power supply
which had gone into orbit mode. When testing the routers on another power
supply, they both turned out okay.

So, halt a second before you throw your routers out, because it might very
well be the power supply.

The bad news here are that these power supplies are very speciel, and you
cannot buy them at any electronic outlet stores (as far as I know), and the
company that manufactor them, are not allowed to sell them to anyone else
but Cisco.

If you want to turn your old power supply in for a refurbished one, it will
cost you $150.-

However, you might very well be lucky to find a router with a power supply
on ebay or another auction site for less than $150.-

Hope this helps someone out.

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen