I turned all debugging for CDP on and I am no seeing much? I don't have a
sniffer.

r2#sh cdp nei
Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
                  S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID
r3                  Eth 2/0        134          R         1000      Eth 0
r4                  Eth 2/1        124          R         2500      Eth 0
r2#

r2#debug cdp ?
  adjacency  CDP neighbor info
  events     CDP events
  packets    CDP packet-related information

r2(config-if)#
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.1 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.1
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.2 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.2
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.1 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.1
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.2 going down
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.2
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet2/0, changed state
to d
CDP-EV: Encapsulation on interface Serial0/0 failed
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/1
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Ethernet2/0, changed state to administratively
down

r2(config-if)#no shut
r2(config-if)#
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.1 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.1
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.2 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.2
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet2/0, changed state
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.1 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.1
CDP-AD: Interface Ethernet2/0.2 coming up
CDP-PA: Packet sent out on Ethernet2/0.2
%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Ethernet2/0, changed state to up