Try debug ?

You'll see that there's a debug cdp. I don't know how useful it is though.

There's a bunch of debug commands. Debug packet is generally used when you
don't see anything with the more specific commands because the router can't
figure out what the frame is.

Also, start here for Cisco documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

 From there go to Cisco IOS Software Configuration. Go to the IOS version
you are using. Go to Supporting Documents, which includes a Debug Command
Reference!  Good luck.

Please send messages to the group, not to me. Thanks.

Priscilla

>r2#debug packet
>Packet debugging is on
>r2#
>CDP-PA: Packet received from r4 on interface Ethernet2/1
>**Entry  found in cache**
>CDP-PA: Packet received from r3 on interface Ethernet2/0
>**Entry  found in cache**
>

>I see CDP stuff but it doesn't answer my question? Can you help me out?

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com