Priscilla,
ISL/802.1q can be implemented on both FastE/GigE.  You
normally use a 2600 or a 4500/4700 with fastE ports to
do ISL/802.1q.  You need higher end router if you want
to use gigE, such as the 7200/7500 series router and
higher models.  With the new feature on cisco ios,
802.1q can be done on 4500/4700 routers with just
10mbps ethernet interface.  Now you dont have to spend
tons of money just trying to learn vlan routing.

Cheers