I know this might veer off topic:

Maybe I am biased (and partly curious), mostly due to working at a company
that actually did refer to its building sub-units as "pods," and
subsequently its network subnets (with a scheme pretty much dictated by the
company  campus' physical subdivisions) as "pods," but does the Cisco HQ
campus have multiple building "pods" as well?  It is an actual term used in
architecture.  Has it perhaps slipped over into being part of Cisco's
network terminology?

Perhaps this preconception on my part had me thinking of the pods in the
BSCN book in this manner.  I did notice, perhaps I am wrong, but the
individual "pods" in the Cisco book tend to have separate areas (in OSFP
scenarios This might seem like a stupid question, but sometimes having
english as my
>2nd language, makes it more difficult for me to understand what the writer
>is trying to tell me.
>
>I am in the middle of my BSCN book, and are now seeing the word POD showing
>up several times. It tells me that each POD has a number of routers, and
>there are a certain amount of POD's.
>
>Reading the explanation at http://www.dictionary.com gave me NO answers to
>this one, and the closest thing I can guess my self to is that POD's are
>kind of departments or subnets, unless the Prince Of Darkness has been
>involved with Cisco networks lately :-)
>
>Thanks for any replies to this one.
>
>Ole
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~