Hi, let me introduce myself, I’m half-way through my CCNP/DP studies
and I’m shooting for passing the IE written by mid-December. I also
have some real-world experience and expect to post here frequently as I
start my CCIE studies. (Hopefully more answers than questions hehe)

I’m currently studying for my switching exam on the CCNP track and
I’ve been buying equipment to complement my CCNP studies and to
eventually prepare for the CCIE lab. Now I’ve read that there are
“CLI” based switches and IOS based switches, the catalyst 5000
series is one of the CLI based switches and I believe this is the switch
they use in the CCIE lab.

It looks like I may just buy the Interactive Mentor for my switching
studies, does anybody think that this would be a better value than
practicing on an “IOS” based switch and trying to relate IOS
commands to the “CLI” commands? Down the road I’m also
going to get training, which should cover some hands-on for
“CLI” switches anyway.

Would this be adequate to do well on the switching portions of the CCIE lab?
How emphssis is there on switching compared to the other technologies tested?

All responses appreciated,
Thanks!

 - Ryan