I have an IPSec tunnel set up between PIX and a 2600 and it works perfectly
for clients end-to-end.  However, I can't ping across the VPN from pix or
router.

I suspect a routing issue.  When I try to add a route to tell it anything
going to the other end should use that IP on that interface, it gives an
error saying invalid hop because it's on that router.

Any ideas?

A little info:
Remote network has 10.43.2.0/24 but gateway is a secondary IP on the
internal FastEthernet interface of a 2600.
Central network is 10.43.1.0/24 on a PIX 515.
Future networks will be on the 10.x.y.z network & centralize to the PIX
rack.

The problem I'm trying to solve is making the remote routers authenticate
over the VPN to TACACS+ for the enable password.  If I can't ping the box
because it's trying to bo out the default route, it won't work.

Allen