You tell the devices that are logging how specific you
want them to be, regarding dates and minutes and all
that. The parameter is 'timestamps'. This is also why
you need to have a central timekeeping server that
syncs your devices across the enterprise, so that the
times make sense to everyone. NTP is used for this.

Michael Le, CCIE #6811

---  -  wrote:
> Greetz.
>
> Just a matter of interest.
>
> Say there is user A, he dials up to ISP J.
> User A breaks into server X.
> Server X has the ip, he contacts the isp....
> How is the user tracked from there on...
>
> Do servers like CiscoSecure ACS keep track of the ip
> and the time connected.
> The reason I am asking is in my little experience
> that I had with
> CiscoSecure ACS and their radius, I could not find
> such info on the logs.
> Is tacacs perhaps a little better, will it give me
> more info?  Or will this
> user just get away with this -- Doubt it though....
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ciao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/