I'm sureone will correct me if I'm wrong =)

The way I understand it, ISDN PRI uses the 24 DS0 channels that are withing
the TDM T1.  All of the PRI material I've read says that you need to
configure the T1 controller with linecode, etc.....  I interpret this as the
PRI simply utilizing the 24 DS0 channels of the T1 that rely on the T1
timing etc to exist......

I don't know exactly, but if there is a PRI expert reading this, give us
some good links to some documents that tell the relationship between PRI and
T1...

Thanks,
Mike W.