Having taken both CID 2.0 (a VERY difficult test) and CID 3.0 (a somewhat
difficult test), I can tell you that there are no scenario questions on
either one.  There may be some questions that give a bit (a very small bit)
of background, but nothing even close to the scenarios that are on the DCN
exam.  To my knowledge, CID4.0 is yet to be released.  Is your
brother-in-law quite sure he didn't take DCN?  Even if he registered for
CID, it's conceivable that he got the wrong test.  Have him check his score
report.

Craig

At 07:56 PM 7/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I believe that he took the CID in February or March of this year......
>
>I'm talking with my brother-in-law now about this (while I type =) and he's
>laying out in great detail about the case studies having multiple paragraphs
>about a company and it's infrastructure, etc... and then eventually asks
>questions about it.  To the point of where there are exhibits with scroll
>bars because they're so long.......
>
>I believe you (Priscilla) when you say that the current CID doesn't use case
>studies...... But I also believe my brother-in-law when he carried on for a
>week about all of the case studies on his CID earlier this year......  Is it
>possible that somehow the testing center could've gotten by for a bit not
>updating the exam?
>
>"There has to be a logical explanation"
>
>Lemme know folks.......... I can't for any reason think of how this could
>happen........  When I mentioned this thread to him, he got upset because
>now he thinks that everyone here thinks he's lying about the case
>studies.........  heh
>
>Mike W.
>
>"Priscilla Oppenheimer"  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > I think CID is at 3.0 now. It has been for years. But Cisco beta-tested
>4.0
> > recently. Maybe it is live now. I don't think it has case studies, but I
> > could be wrong.
> >
> > I think your bro is confused. Maybe case study (scenario) means something
> > different to him? There are some questions that pose design requirements
>or
> > situations, but just in a sentence or two. There weren't any long
>exhibits.
> > I took it a while ago though.
> >
> > Priscilla
> >
> > At 06:05 PM 7/3/01, Michael L. Williams wrote:
> > >Uh.....  that wasn't my brother that passed in 10 seconds =)
> > >
> > >I just can't imagine why he would recall sooooooo many questions from
>case
> > >studies if there were none......
> > >
> > >When were the exams changed?   Lemme know =)  I got CID a week from
> > >Friday....
> > >
> > >Mike W.
> > >
> > >"Priscilla Oppenheimer"  wrote in message
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>version

What