i believe the most effective way to simulate routing loops is via
configuration errors, the way they appear in real life (mutual
redistribution between ospf & rip without any filtering seems pretty
effective).

I suspect that the supported parameters vary wildly by IOS version; I've
seen cases where investigating problems with explicitly configured MTU
sizes of an unacceptably small magnitude yielded little beyond failure or
success. Unfortunately, the best data i have for those cases were sniffer
traces from end-user systems and NOT router feedback.

"Chuck Larrieu" @groupstudy.com on 07/03/2001 06:58:02
PM

Please respond to "Chuck Larrieu"

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]