I have seen an 'E', but only with failed Appletalk pings, never in IP.

Question (slightly off-topic, my apologies, Priscilla) - does anybody know
exactly how Cisco implements ping and trace in non-IP protocols?  With
Appletalk, I presume it has something to do with AEP, but how about a IPX
trace, what's going on there?  Or  a Decnet/Vines/Apollo/CLNS/XNS  ping,
what's up with those?