Hi Everyone,

Need you help.

I have a server that is on a remote LAN.  To ping the server, the traffic
goes in the local router(gateway) e0, out e1, to a local Aironet wireless
bridge, to the remote Aironet wireless bridge, to a switch, to server.
Works great.

Currently, there is also a link to the remote site, an ISDN, from the local
router to a remote router.  We would like to use this ISDN as a backup to
wireless connection.

The routers are configured to use EIGRP to route between the wireless, and
floating routes are set with higher administrative distance so when the
EIGRP disappears out of the routing table the floating routes route via the
ISDN.

All works, when the ethernet (e1) is shutdown. When I disconnect the
wireless at the remote, the ISDN comes up.  The problem is, the route to the
directly connected ethernet LAN is still in the routing table (C
192.168.30.128 255.255.255.128 is directly connected, Ethernet1). So traffic
still flows out of e1, and I guess when it reaches the remote wireless
bridge, it is discarded, that where the connection is down.

Is there anyway around this, is there a way for the e1 to detect the path is
down or is my only option to place a router and segment the wireless bridge
link.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
KM