Hello All,

I am trying to connect two 2916 switches together using 100BaseFX.  I am
currently trying to do this across an underground fiber between two
buildings.  At one time I moved the switches to my office and connected them
together using a short piece of test fiber and they worked (i could ping
from one device to the next).  I have since moved the switches back using
the underground fiber between buildings and they don't work (i can't ping
form one switch to the other).  I am getting a good link light on both ends
and I can see the other switch via cdp but it doesn't show the ip address???
There are no other devices connected to the switches at this time and the ip
addresses assigned to the switches are in the same subnet and in vlan 1.

Thanks

Stan Rossetti

NASA - PriSMS
Advanced Technology Group