From: Raul De La Garza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 2:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Off Topic: E-mail Spoofing/Spamming [7:11527]

List members,

Does anyone have any experience guarding against e-mail spoofing and
spamming?  I am interested in reading real world examples of victimized
e-mail systems and what, if anything, was done to protect them by using
either Cisco products or other products.  In particular, if you are using
Lotus Domino Server 5 I would very much appreciate 'hearing' from you.

Secondary question: Anyone out there use Cisco IDS?  If so, has it been
effective against hackers and spammers?

Regards,

Raul De La Garza III, CCDA NNCSS CCNA MCSE CNE
817.991.7889

CCDP (after taking FRS 2.0 this week, hopefully!)