I'm performing NAT translations on one of our network connections and all is
fine except that the server the people are connecting to is having an
application issue. This causes them to time out waiting for a logon. They
then try to initiate another connection and the same process occurs. If I do
a "show ip nat translations verbose" I can see the individual connections
and the NAT having taken place (doing an overload on the address space) and
then these connections remain open for 24 hours. As the users keep
attempting to open new connections the old connections remain up.

tcp XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1194 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1194  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:23
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:23

create 22:12:59, use 22:12:37, left 01:47:22,

Is there a NAT command that let's me specify how long a connection can
remain open? Say for instance, 2 hours instead of 24?

--
James Haynes
Network Architect

--