I did some research on this last summer. At that time 2900Xl and 3500XL
switches did not support RADIUS authentication. (Switch IOS version
12.0(5)XP). As it happens, they didn't support Kerberos Telnet either but
you didn't ask for that.

Here's a quick sampling on what I got:

Cat4000 ver 5.4(3)
        Local (no username)