from what I've seen it does alot more than that.

>From what I remember looking at, despite being only 1U high it has the
interface ports of a populated 7200! though not the same performance.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Chuck Larrieu
Sent: 13 July 2001 16:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Cisco 7400 router... [7:12275]

interesting. obviously designed to fill that niche of customers who don't
need more than a single ATM or DS3 link, for example.

Depending on pricing, this will make it easier to sell customers on the
advantages of higher bandwidth without the sticker shock of moving from a
36xx to a 72xx ( not to mention those unused slots that always drive
customers nuts )

thanks for pointing this out.

Chuck