From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
anand ghody
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 2:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FYI CCIE Changes announced [7:12345]

I think this also means that you are going to see the prestige of the
certification
diminish.  Part of the prestige is that only a few people in the world have
the
certification.  If say 80- 85% of people taking the exam pass then
increasing the number
of people taking the exam will increase the amount of people that pass (more
people will
be certified at a faster rate).  Part of the reason CCIE are paid so much is
that there
are so few out there.  From a supply and demand perspective does this not
decrease the
monetary advantage of attaining the certification for the individual. For
Cisco this is
great ( more people being certified in their equipment at a higher level).
This comes
at an especially opportune time when the competition is beginning to creep
up on them.
What better way to market yourself than to say look at the amount of "highly
trained"
individuals out there who can support my equipment.