Here is my advice to anyone who is even considering the CCIE track in the
near future:

The current exam is fairly well document; there are books, papers, websites,
and of course, the boson exams.  The new exam is just that, a new exam full
of unknowns.  I'm sure it too will become well researched, but for the first
six months everyone is going to be in uncharted waters with no map to get to
shore.  As someone who took the CCNP exams when they were first offered, I
know what it's like to sail without a map, trust me.

In its statement Cisco says that those who pass the existing exam will not
be required to redo the written.

If I were even planning to jump on the written in the next year, my
recommendation would be to take advantage of this time window to cram my
brain full and take the current exam while you can. There should be plenty
of time to take a hack at this before the beta exam period finished on the
new test.  If you need help finding the right materials to study; just look
in the archives.

Grab a couple of the study guides, buy the notes from ccbootcamp, download
the bosons, and absolutely analyze the archives of this group like it's the
Rosetta stone.

Just my $.02