John,
                     As you start preparing for the Lab exam , do let let me
know a few
things
1) What date did you get for the lab ? In other words ,what is the current
waiting list
?
2) What books/sites will you be using ?
3) What kind of study schedule are you going to have?

                  Some of my worst fears have been confirmed with latest
changes to the
CCIE program.I personally think that there is going to be a flood of CCIE's
in  the
market in the next 1 year or so. And tell you what , the internetworking job
market is
not really going all that strong .So demand exceeds supply might soon become
supply
exceeds demand  but maybe I am being overly pessimistic about this  as
usual.:-).
Jaspreet