Thanks for the info.

However as of now I am not looking for the high availability option. The
current problem is that the second subnet (192.168.2.0) cannot access any
other subnet other than the directly connected subnets. (since this subnet
uses the MSFC2 as the primary module).

The only way to make this work is disable the MSFC2 module ( i.e. disable
module 16). can anyone suggest how to resolve this, since before the switch
was rebooted this was working.

Secondly with the Sup1A having 5.4 and above and MSFC having 12.3 and above
what is the alternative to MLS. (hardware based L3 switching)

Thanks in anticiaption.
Regards ...Rohit
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You need at least 12.1(3a)E4 for high availabilty on the MSFC's.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/tech/hafc6_wp.htm

Jeff

""cisco_fun"" wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I am facing a weird problem with the redundant MSFC card.
>

> We have three subnets all configured in a single vlan.192.168.1.0,
> 192.168.2.0 and 192.168.3.0
>

> The MSFC is running OSPF and the 192.168.0.0 network is being
advertised.

> If both the MSFC's are enabled ( i.e. module 15 and module 16 are
enabled)
> one subnet (192.168.2.0) uses MSFC2 as the primary module whereas the
other
> two subnets (192.168.1.0 and 192.168.3.0) use the MSFC1 as the primary
module.

> If I telnet from the 192.168.2.0 subnet to the MSFC IP then the "sh ip
> route" command displays only the directly connected routes. If I telnet
> the MSFC IP from the other subnets I can view all the OSPF learnt
subnets
as

http://email.indiatimes.com
http://www.planetmonline.com