are u getting the answer of access server or no
is it stays on verifying password or ur router doesnt dial at all
check your modem chat script at 56k.com
send me

debug ppp negotiation

-----Original Message-----
From: No Data [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 8:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: async issues - still cant get it to dial [7:12496]

Im still stuggling with an async connection.  Using
Ejay's wonderful help last week Ive gotten my router
configured but I cant seem to get the modem to dial.
Right now I am just trying to dial into a remote
dial-in server with ppp, pap authentication.  Here is
my config.

Current configuration:
!
version 12.1
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Router
!
no logging console
!
!
!
!
!
memory-size iomem 25
ip subnet-zero
!
chat-script dial ABORT ERROR "" "AT Z" OK "ATDT \T"
TIMEOUT 30 CONNECT
!
!
!
interface Serial0
 physical-layer async
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer pool-member 1
 async mode dedicated
!
interface Serial1
 no ip address
 shutdown
!
interface FastEthernet0
 ip address 10.129.0.132 255.255.0.0
 speed auto
!
interface Dialer1
 ip address negotiated
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer remote-name ?
 dialer pool 1
 dialer string 18888308334
 dialer hold-queue 100
 dialer-group 1
 ppp authentication pap
 ppp pap sent-username 'name' password 'password'
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.129.0.1
ip route 150.150.0.0 255.255.0.0 Dialer1
no ip http server
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
!
line con 0
 transport input none
line 1
 no exec
 script dialer dial
 modem InOut
 modem autoconfigure type usr_courier
 transport input all
 stopbits 1
 flowcontrol hardware
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 login
!
end

Im using an external usr_courier and have the pins all
set to defaults.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Ben

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/