Certainly not!  Altho' the title is a bit catchy "Sylvan CCIE"   I
recall many years ago when there were advertisements for a law school in
Chicgo (I think) on match book covers!! And one could self-study! Instead of
picking that EASY route -- I subjected myself to 3 years of drudgery,
hard-work and the Bar Exam (not to mention my later graduate law degrees).
Just think I couldda' been a "match cover lawyer."

Actually, my moaning and groaning was directed more at the wave of pessimism
that is now sweeping over thie list becuase of these changes.  Chuck L's
message is simply a sample of what many of feeling.  However, I really don't
think all is lost -- yet!  Hopefully, someone will think of a solution --
but in the meantime -- it is hard enough for all of us to sit down night
after night and plow through these books and manuals -- and type obscure
commands -- when we could be sitting in front of our large-screen TVs
watching summer reruns and drinking iced tea (or whatever).  Motivation,
determination and discipline are what has kept me going -- and I assume many
others are in the same frame of mind.  Pessimism simply robs us of some of
the strength and resolve that we need to keep on learning (or is it
truckin'???)!!!

Many of us get our strength and resolve from others on this list that are
working as hard as we all are.  We need to keep a positive attitude.  OK --
that's my .02 and my final answer!!!

Greg Macaulay
Oldest CCNP/CCDP on Earth
Lifetime Member of AARP