Amen to that,

I talked to a recruter friend that does nothing but place CCIE's nation
wide.  He has over 100 out of work CCIE's he is looking to place.  This is
really depressing !!!  I guess we will all need to start thinking about cuts
in pay.  Especially if Cisco lowers the bar on the test.

Yeah, there are only 5K active or so CCIE's in the world.  But,  There are a
lot more super smart engineers that don't have the certification and don't
need it really.  These people that have been in the industry a lot longer
than me are getting the meager jobs out there right now.  And so they should
!!!  Experience is KING !!

Certifications are nice,  but what the employeers that I have interviewed
with lately really what is mega experience.  Something I don't have yet.

The CCIE is most valuable in the VAR arena.  And that industry is in the
toliet right now.   I just hope that Cisco isn't just doing the 1 day test
thing for revenue purposes.  The lab test has always been a profit center
for them.   A one day test is an easy way to double that revenue for them.

I feel for the people that have to wait for 8 months or more for a lab date.
I know what constant preparation, sacrifice, and stress you have to go
through.  I just hope that the people working so hard for their CCIE will
have a certification that still means something.

Sorry everybody,  just venting out load.  I am finally getting some real job
offers after a month of interviewing and doing consulting work.

Tony M.