-----Original Message-----
From:   Jim McDowell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, July 20, 2001 10:15 PM
To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

I think we need a new certification.  This can be developed by the members
of the study group in favor of "smart" CCIEs.  We can call it
CCIE_MCSE_RHCE_CSA_HP-UXCERT.  Only ten of these certs will ever be awarded.
This will make their holders the most knowledgeable, well paid, (and
probably the oldest), certification holders on the face of the earth.  No
mortal will ever be able to question their abilities...until some 10 year
old kid comes along and asks them how to  turn on an iMAC...which they will
not know how to do.

 Well, a ccie doesn't know how to fix the NT server; however, he/she does
know how change the IP address of the NT server or how to reboot the box
right? I would expect that CCIE to be able to do the same thing with a
Unix box. He/she doesn't have to manage the Unix server, just know that
basic troubleshooting stuffs. To my knowledge, Linux and Solaris x86 are
free so those basic Unix skills can be learned very quickly.