From: Chuck Larrieu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: DS3 (PA-T3) ? - Please Help [7:13512]

interesting. the CCO links I checked verify what you say.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/cable/cab_rout/cfig_nts/
4721
st3/4721over.htm#xtocid127645
watch the wrap

I find it interesting that Cisco flat out states you can't get the cable
from outside vendors. I would think 75 ohm coax with the appropriate BNC
connector would be available from any reputable cable vendor. you may
want
to phone around.

I also find it ambiguous when Cisco says that "The Cisco PA-T3 75-ohm
coaxial cable (see Figure 1-5) is available only in 10-foot (3.05-meter)
lengths. Line build-out is programmable for up to 450 feet of 734A or
equivalent coaxial cable or up to 225 for 728A or equivalent coaxial
cable."

I read that to mean that you have alternatives to the Cisco provided
cable.
calls to cable vendors might help clarify this.

you may want to call Cisco tac and ask for clarification.

BTW, I have customers with PA-T3 cards further than 10 feet from the
telco
drop. I don't recall what they did for cable.

Chuck