The "delay" command I am familiar with, works as follows:

Let us say, you a have T1 line and an ISDN (BRI) interface, as a backup,
when the T1 goes down. The syntax (from memory) is something like the
following:

interface s0
backup bri0
delay 10 5

Here you are specifying that the router should wait for 10 seconds
aftyer the T1 goes down before dialing on the BRI interface and should
wait 5 seconds after the T1 line comes up before disconnecting the BRI.

Nelluri