Gongrats on your passing CCIE written and good luck with the LAB.

I have a question. A bit about myself. I am a CCNA 2.0 and MCSE 4.0 and CNA
5.0 with over 3 years of Novell/NT networking experience.  At my work, I
have access to Cisco 2500, 2600 and 3600 series routers. But as you may know
the real small campus networks are configured with static routes and there
is no way to practice.  I am trying to by-pass CCNP and go for the CCIE
written and prepare for the lab.  I have got Caslow's book for CCIE prep,
Jeff Doyle's TCP/IP Routing and using Cisco Mentor Sim Labs.  You mentioned
that after getting CCNP it is easier to pass CCIE written.  I guess my
question is How difficult is to take CCIE written by-passing CCNP exams? My
approach is to study for CCIE written combined as one big topic,  rather
than dividing it to Routing, Switching, Remote Access, and Support.  This
provides me a bigger picture. Since I am an MCSE and it was not difficult to
pass CCNA with 924 score. I only had to familiarize myself with Cisco router
commands. I have also subscribed to examcram.com to receive free questions
everyday for Routing & Switching, Support, Switching and Remote Access. I
have answered 85-90 percent correctly.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SP