Thanks....

-----Original Message-----
From: Prabhu K. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 6:52 AM
To: Gayathri
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Thoughts on CCIE Written [7:14116]

Hi Gayathri,

   You'll need to configure TRANSLATIONAL bridging between your Token
Ring and Ethernet interfaces.

This following link may help you in understanding the underlying
technology:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/mmbridge.htm

Here's a URL from Cisco's web site that will assist you in the
configuration commands:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/i
bm_c
/bcprt1/bcsrb.htm#xtocid409317

Finally, this link gives a good example of the actual configuration and
how to troubleshoot:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/100/48.shtml

with regards,
Prabhu.K
Network Operation Engineer,
STPI,
Bangalore, INDIA

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Gayathri wrote:

> Hi
>
> Where can I find the Token ring White paper?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gayathri
>

> "Oliver Nadalin"  wrote in message
> > Passed the written today - here are my thoughts:
> >
> > If you are a CCNP in good standing you shouldn't have a problem with
> > this...of course hit the token ring (RIF calculation; Ethernet to TR
MAC

www.cramsession.com
> > CCIE cram paper.
> >
> > I want to thank those people that provided some insightful feedback
on the
> > exam....now onto the lab.
> >
> > Oliver.
> >
> > CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, CCA
CONFIDENTIAL CAUTION: The information transmitted is intended  only for the
addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential material. Any
disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete
the message. Thank you.