Hey Jason,

Thanks for your input.  I defined local0 the facility to be used both in the
Cat and in syslog.conf.  I have the same config in the route-switch card
which is on the Sup module and that logs to the syslog server just fine.  I
did check the messages file on the server to see if messages were going
there somehow but no luck.  I also did a tcpdump on the syslog server
listening on port 514 and no syslog messages are arriving from the Catalyst,
only from the RSFC. It seems like a gateway issue or something but the
strange thing is I can ping and telnet from the Catalyst to the syslog
server.  I'll keep digging but might have to call Cisco on this one...

Dennis