Hello,

I recently convinced my employer to give me a Cisco CPA2503 (the white box
CiscoPro router) whose power supply died. I have two questions.

First of all, before I check into finding a replacement power supply, I read
on this list a long way back (probably 1999ish) about someone who had made
an outboard 2500 series power supply from a PC power supply. Unfortunately,
I can't get a search of the archives to turn up that post that I remembered.
Does anyone happen to have that link, or perhaps is the original poster
still lurking?

Secondly, is it true that you can order a replacement boot ROM for the
CPA2500 series and make them able to load standard 2500 series images? If
so, does Cisco charge for these boot ROMs, or are they like the other
routers where you pay for shipping only?

Thanks,

James Willard, CCNA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]