I am not totally clear on the way that the LMI settings are suppose to be
configured and would appreciate any help explaining this or pointing be to a
document which explains it clearly. My question is as far as setting up the
LMI type on frame relay what is the correct way to configure this. On
Cisco's web site it states that the LMI type needs to be the same for all
devices in the path from source to destination. On our frame relay network
our central sites LMI type is set to ANSI and I have found that some of our
remote sites are set to Cisco and some are setup as ANSI. The remote
connections that are setup as Cisco are working, however, I have noticed
that many of the circuits which have been experiencing outages have been at
the remote sites that are setup as Cisco instead of ANSI. Does anyone know
if this is a known problem with LMI mismatch which could cause circuits to
periodically bounce.

Any help is appreciated.